Monday, December 22, 2008
Now that Christmas is ever so close, I hope all of you can find joy in the small things that make this season so special (like wrapping presents and gorging yourself on cookies). Its the small things in life that make it so great - agreed? Agreed!
Happy last minute gift buying, baking, and wrapping to everyone! Christmas is almost here!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
1. Not think about work
2. Hang out with Tubby, my parent's black lab
3. Scrapbook until I can't do it anymore, or I just get too tired
4. Watch the Gophers beat the Badgers in football on Saturday
5. Sleep in and stay in my P.J's most of the day
6. Do some laundry
7. Maybe make some ginger cookies
8. Cruise the H-Town Mall. If you have never experienced it, believe me .....you're not missing much.
9. Hang out with my awesome brother
As dull and non-eventful as these plans seem, I am actually looking forward to it. It seems that in life I am always waiting for things to slow down. Thinking that someday I will eventually have more time to myself and to spend doing things that I really enjoy. Well, I am sad to inform all of you I don't think that will ever really happen, the life slowing down part. I thought that when college was over I would have all this free time because I wouldn't have to study. Its amazing how that "free" time gets filled up so quickly and I don't even realize it.
So this weekend of not having anything that I ABSOLUTELY must do is an amazing weekend to me and i am so juiced.
I hope all of you also have a wonderful weekend and get to do some relaxing, something fun and maybe even something productive. Just please, no one think of work until 6 a.m. on Monday morning (or in Kendra's case, 5 a.m.! :) )
Monday, November 10, 2008
p.s. Hoosiers is one of my most favorite movies of all time!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Just wanted to share some of my favorite pictures with all of you. Enjoy!
First ski trip ever. Lutsen was a bit much for a first timer :)
East Bearskin Lake after the sunrise. The fog lifting was absolutely breathtaking.
The biggest fish I have ever seen my brother catch. I will never forget his face!
There is much relaxation and peace found looking up at the sky.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
AND lets all be THANKFUL the whole thing is OVER!!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
1. I absolutely cannot go to bed if there are dishes on the counter or in the sink. It doesn't matter how late it is, I will do them.
2. I still wear a retainer - because in the words of my orthodontist "I have a very dynamic mouth"
Which i think means that my teeth are still moving and if I stop wearing it I could potentially undo what the 4.5 years of braces wearing did for me.
3. I am double jointed in my right thumb.
There you go, I hope you all still want to be my friends after all this weird information about me :)
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Random, I know. But that is what I am all about.
Hope everyone is surviving their Monday. I know that I am struggling to get through.
Until next time - Ciao!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
When I met Greg he knew nothing of hunting. Well now, 8 years later thanks to my dad he loves it. So much in fact that he is taking a 5 day trip to North Dakota to go duck hunting. Good for him - bonding time with my dad and brother,I guess. At first when these little endevours would compe up I would get sad, and I would be lonely. However, now I am home alone for 3 days (I am going up to the cabin with my mom and sister for the weekend) and I have a huge list of stuff I would like to do and now I am looking forward to it. I get to do whatever I want. I don't have to make dinner,I can just eat cereal. I can go shopping without him asking where I am going and what I am going to get.
Side Note:I think its funny when he asks me things like this because Its like, I don't know what I want to buy when I go to a store. If I knew that, what would the fun of shopping and browsing be?
I can even sleep in the middle of the bed (however, I do like sleeping next to him because he keeps me warm).
I mean don't get me wrong here - I love Greg and I love spending time with him. I am just looking forward to having my own agenda for a couple of days.
So, good luck to the hunters. I hope they have a wonderful time waking up at 4:45 am to go sit in the freezing cold in hopes to shoot down a few ducks. I know that I will be enjoying my sleep, sitting in my living room, wearing sweats and watching my TV shows - after I have gone shopping of course ;0)
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
1. There are 5 kids in my family and I am the only on that is left-handed and the only one that has brown hair (hence my blog name:) )
2. I was in 4-H as a child and showed sheep and then pigs. I was so good at showing pigs that I was the grand champion swine showman for 2 years in a row
3. I am very very afraid of touching/holding chickens and rabbits (both can sense my fear and peck/bite me)
4. When I was 12 I had a cyst on one of my ovaries that was the size of a cantaloupe. It was discovered during my sports physical - and if I hadn't wanted to join the swim team I probably would have never found it (well, until it burst) because I thought I was just getting fat.
5. I played the flute in the elementary school and middle school band
6. I was quite often mistaken for a boy in my younger years. Lets just say a bowl cut on a 2-5th grade girl isn't the best choice.
I don't have anyone else to tag - except Jason Beal should really get on the ball and do his!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Thursday, September 25, 2008
I think this an appropriate title for my very first blog post ever, and considering what the rest of my post entails. I decided to join in on the blog-revolution because, although I see a good portion of my friends on a daily basis - we don't always have the time to just sit and talk about completely random thoughts or happenings in our lives. Also, as much as I enjoy Facebook - it doesn't quite provide a good way to elaborate on the stories of daily life.
Now, back to the title. This past weekend I walked the Breast Cancer 3-Day, for the first time. During these three days (and the week before) I experienced more "firsts" than I have since I my freshman year of college. So, here we go.
1. First time winning anything from a radio station
2. First time being on the radio (Cities 97)
3. First time winning $1,000 (unfortunately, I didn't get to keep it for myself :( )
4. First time being on WCCO TV
5. First time walking 20+ miles in one day
6. First time sleeping in a pink tent, along with 3,000 other people sleeping in pink tents. Pretty much it was my first time being in a sea of pink tents.
7. First time showering in a semi. Yes, I said a semi. They had mobile shower, that actually had warm water in a semi. Weird and wonderful all at the same time.
8. First time getting the worst pain in my foot I have ever experienced - and walking 40+ miles with it. Grin and bear it, grin and bear it.
9. First time having to tape almost every toe on my foot to subside the pain of the blisters that had formed there.
10. First time feeling the most joy anyone could feel after walking 62 miles in 3 days - and being apart of something much, much larger than myself. Thanks for sticking with me. I know that was quite long.