Thursday, December 4, 2008

A Charlie Brown Christmas


So as everyone knows very well - we are in full-swing Christmas mode. I usually LOVE Christmas. I love everything about it. The reason for the season and all the wonderful things that come a long with it such as deocorating the Christmas tree, baking Christmas cookies, yummy traditional food (oyster stew, Swedish meatballs, rice pudding, pickled herring!), parties and presents and lots of Christmas cards.

However, this year I have been stuck with some kind of "Charlie Brown" downer mood. I don't know. Maybe its the economy, maybe its the fact that my older sister is in Korea, or maybe its the fact that my middle sister and I haven't talked since Sept. 7th - and we even spent Thanksgiving together and STILL didn't talk. I am sure there is a plethora of issues causing this weird funk - I just wish they would go away! I mean, I love buying presents for people, its one of my most favorite things to do. So this year when I realized that I didn't have the excitement to get out there and go shopping, I knew that something was very wrong with me.
"Isn't there anyone who can tell me what Christmas is all about?" and make this cloud of gloom and doom leave my personal space?

Anyway, its just really hard to feel this way when everything around me is telling me to "Be Happy" and to spend lots of money.

1 comment:

The Beals said...

Hmmmm, the doctor in me tells me that maybe it's not just your mood but maybe you have a vitamin D deficiency since you probably haven't seen the sun in a few days.

Or, maybe instead of having the holiday spirit find you, you have to create your OWN holiday spirit!

~Julie