Friday, October 17, 2008

The Strangest Thing


So, the strangest thing has been happening since Greg has been gone. I have gone shopping a lot in his absence (not that strange); however, I have had a hard time actually buying things. For instance, On Wednesday I went to Crate and Barrel with Kendra to help her pick out a wedding gift for Jason's cousin. I was so excited because I don't get to go there very often now that they closed their store downtown - and I really felt like I wanted to buy a new cute candle holder or fun kitchen gadget. Then, the weirdest thing happened - I didn't really like anything enough to want to buy it. AT CRATE AND BARREL - I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT I, MARGARET GLASSON, LIKED ENOUGH TO BUY! Anyone who knows me, knows that is just not normal. I left the store with a white rubber scrapper - not because I wanted it, but because I actually needed it. Very Odd. Crate and Barrel usually has this power over me to spend way too much money on items that I don't really need. My fellow Crate and Barrel lovers know this power all to well. I did feel a little weird when we left the store. Have I lost my desire to shop? Have I lost my excessive love of Crate and Barrel? Say it ain't so!

Maybe, since I am now 25 years old, I am starting to become what some might call a "responsible shopper". My days of mindless spending seem to be over. Maybe this is for the better because you know, I do want to buy a house some day and as I have heard they are quite expensive.

It seems weird to me that Greg going on a duck hunting trip has brought on this very strange self realization. I wonder what I will figure out/ happen when he goes deer hunting?

Don't worry, I will let you all know.


In the words of Ringo Star "Peace and Love, Peace and Love"


Happy Friday!

No comments: