Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Life of a Hunter's Wife

My dear husband is now transformed into a full blown hunter. This time of year is particularly bad. The duck calls come out along with massive amounts of camouflage.
When I met Greg he knew nothing of hunting. Well now, 8 years later thanks to my dad he loves it. So much in fact that he is taking a 5 day trip to North Dakota to go duck hunting. Good for him - bonding time with my dad and brother,I guess. At first when these little endevours would compe up I would get sad, and I would be lonely. However, now I am home alone for 3 days (I am going up to the cabin with my mom and sister for the weekend) and I have a huge list of stuff I would like to do and now I am looking forward to it. I get to do whatever I want. I don't have to make dinner,I can just eat cereal. I can go shopping without him asking where I am going and what I am going to get.
Side Note:I think its funny when he asks me things like this because Its like, I don't know what I want to buy when I go to a store. If I knew that, what would the fun of shopping and browsing be?
I can even sleep in the middle of the bed (however, I do like sleeping next to him because he keeps me warm).
I mean don't get me wrong here - I love Greg and I love spending time with him. I am just looking forward to having my own agenda for a couple of days.
So, good luck to the hunters. I hope they have a wonderful time waking up at 4:45 am to go sit in the freezing cold in hopes to shoot down a few ducks. I know that I will be enjoying my sleep, sitting in my living room, wearing sweats and watching my TV shows - after I have gone shopping of course ;0)

2 comments:

The Hunter's Wife said...

I totally agree with you. I love my time (napping, movies, pizza, napping) and for my husband to have his time (hunting). It keeps us both happy.

:)

Texas Emily said...

Your blog was very helpful, my husband is hunter and has been his whole life. He goes every other weekend for 3 months and it like thursday to monday. I get so lonesome without him. Do you have any advice for a new wife and her hunter? What did you do to overcome the loneliness in the beginning?