Monday, December 22, 2008

A Wrapper's Delight

I spent about 5 hours yesterday sitting on the couch, wrapping presents. I can't tell you how much I actually enjoy the holiday chore of wrapping Christmas presents. I do, I really do. There is something about the pretty paper and ribbon that curls with a swipe of a scissors - it just gets me in a Christmas-y mood. Yes everyone, my Charlie Brown Christmas feeling is gone. I started out my wrapping marathon watching the Vikings game. That quickly changed into Santa Claus 2 followed by Love Actually - finished with the end of the Wizard Oz (it was on TV). All the while I was wrapping presents my wonderful husband vacuumed AND did the laundry. Now, if that isn't my Christmas present - I can't wait to see what he got me that is BETTER than that! ;)

Now that Christmas is ever so close, I hope all of you can find joy in the small things that make this season so special (like wrapping presents and gorging yourself on cookies). Its the small things in life that make it so great - agreed? Agreed!

Happy last minute gift buying, baking, and wrapping to everyone! Christmas is almost here!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Clever title! I'm glad you have found the Christmas spirit!