Friday, December 12, 2008

Being Martha Stewart is hard work!


For the past week I have been cleaning, planning and prepping for a Holiday Party Greg and I are hosting at our apartment tonight. I have been really excited to have this party because I haven't had one is a good while. AND....... Good lord, its a LOT of work. I love party planning - love it, love it, love it! But, I have never had to do all the work that goes into it all by myself before. It has really opened my eyes to how hard being Martha Stewart must be. Obviously, in her life now she doesn't do every thing herself, actually she probably doesn't do all that much at all to think of it - but her Martha Stewart lifestyle it what is really hard to imitate. I guess I can't say I did it all either. My loving husband did do his share of cleaning and running to the store and whatnot. Anyway, back on track. I love Martha, I really do, but sometimes I just don't think all the effort to make everything look absolutely perfect is necessary. It was my good intentions to have wonderful crudites platters and lovely decorated Christmas cookies; however, it turned out more like a veggie platter and some nice cutout cookies with sprinkles. I think that it will taste just as good as the fancy ones, sorry Martha!

No comments: