Thursday, January 15, 2009

BRRRRR!

Today when I woke up in my nice warm bed, I rolled over to kiss my husband good morning. His couter action was to show me that it was negative 22 degrees outside from the weather page on his iPhone. Dude, that is not a way to help me get out of bed. All I wanted to do was throw my nice warm covers over my head and stay in bed for the rest of the day. Alas, work beckoned.

While I was getting ready this morning, listening to the radio announce all the school delays or cancellations I wondered, "what would it take for a work place to cancel work? would would or could an office actually close because of the cold?" I mean think about it. They cancel school because it is dangerous for the kids to be outside even a short period waiting for the bus. Well, I know plenty of grown-ups that have to sit outside and wait for the bus to take them to work. I think that it should be a consideration to cancel work when it is this flippin' cold outside. Who's with me?
Even though I know cancelling work because of the cold will never happen (especially in my line of work. if the market is open - we are open), I still yearn for the good old days of 2 hours late and snow days.
I hope everyone stays bundled - Snuggle a little closer, and an extra blanket (in Kendra's case, make it electric!) and have a warm cup of cocoa. Its winter in Minnesota people!

2 comments:

Kendra said...

i was wondering...."would it be too much to put the electric blanket on my bed, and also have my electric mattress pad on?"

Dave said...

It's crazy cold! One of these days I'm just going to stay in bed, and it's going to be awesome. Today, was not that day.